Saturday, May 16, 2009

A change is as good as a rest


Ice cream, the dessert of choice


My grandmother, who was notorious for her hard-work ethic, used to say, “A change is as good as a rest.” Change is in the air…literally.

Temperatures hit the mid-90s today, making it too hot to be outside during the afternoon but absolutely refreshing to be outside in the evening. Summer surrounded me as I watered my garden. While my husband and I savored our ice cream, the obvious dessert choice, a London Broil for tomorrow's barbecue dinner marinated in the fridge, and my third watermelon purchased this week sat on the kitchen counter. These foods become staples when the weather starts acting so…friendly.

Now if we could just eliminate all the school assignments, this change would actually be as good as a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment