Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time in a bottle



Mousse is time in a bottle



Twenty minutes a day. That’s the average time a woman spends doing her hair
every day! That adds up to almost two and a half hours a week and more than five full days a year. So, what the heck are we doing, ladies? 

Instead of gettin’ pretty, we could be reading, writing, chatting, running, playing, watching T.V., working, or any number of other things. We could be doing the things men who simply shower and shave have time to do.

I’ve always been a multitasker, so when I dry my hair I usually read or memorize. Then, when I’m curling and straightening, I often listen to music or podcasts. I know, I know. Friends tell me I should just relax, slow down and think. But, except for during the early morning hours when I first wake up, pondering has never come easily to me. Life seems to beckon me out of bed to begin...well, to begin living! For this very reason, my favorite hairstyles have always been the scrunch-n-go kind. 

I resent spending so much time to just look decent. So, I propose we use mousse—lots of it and lots more often. 

Mousse is time-in-a-bottle, baby! Even if we scrunch half the time we usually spend blowing and straightening and curling, we could recuperate enough hours for a weekend getaway. Now, that’s some time I’d want to keep in a bottle. 

3 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to get 20 minutes to do my hair!! I'm lucky if I get 2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that statistic amazing? You're bringing down the average, fortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a scrunch-n-go kind of girl. Not necessarily by choice, genetically I have fewer options than most. And...you ponder plenty. You just do that when your racing around doing other things as well.

    ReplyDelete